Neal & Jackie Beecher

Neal & Jackie Beecher
Kitale, Kenya

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Picture reminds me of poem, John Anderson my jo, John

This is one of my favorite poems---"John Anderson, my jo, John
(see picture under the right column listing posts for 2011)

JOHN ANDERSON my jo, John, (jo-darling)
When we were first acquent, (acquainted)
Your locks were like the raven,
Your bonie brow was brent; (smooth)
But now your brow is beld, John (& I must say, Neal is pretty bald)
your locks are like the snow, (mine are the white ones)
but blessings on your frosty pow, (pow-crown of head)
John Anderson, my jo!

John Anderson my jo, John,
We clamb the hill thegither, (clamb-climbed, thegither-together)
And mony a canty day, John (mony-many, canty-happy)
We've had wi' ane anither;
Now we maun TOTTER down, John, (maun-must)
But hand in hand we'll go,
And sleep thegither at the foot,
John Anderson, my jo!
Robert Burns

Neal is my jo, and what a blessing he is to me after all these years. This mission has been such
a blessing for us to be together...tottering though we may be down the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment